Here are 7 ways to overcome impostor syndrome, based on my own experience.
- Accept your successes – Make a list of your accomplishments
- Give of yourself – Help others and experience the great sense of self-worth that comes from that.
- Stop comparing yourself to others – Everyone has insecurities. They may look perfect on the outside, but inside they struggle too. Be grateful for your life experience and how that’s made you who you are.
- Be vulnerable – Confide in someone and tell them about your struggles. You may realize you’re not alone!
- Ask yourself “Is this impostor syndrome?” when you’re having doubts. – Simply asking yourself that question will make you snap out of it. We talk to ourselves a lot worse that we talk to others.
- Realize that your life is finite – You have a limited time on this Earth. Get going and dare to fail. I promise, if you keep pushing, helping others, and learning from your failures, you’ll eventually get what you want!
- Take Action – Do it now. Don’t wait for the perfect set of circumstances. They’ll never come and you’ll never start. Nike was right: Just do it!