Interview (for Conductors)
- Ryan: Intro guest (written by Ryan – based on submitted bio)
- Guest expounds upon their introduction.
- Tell us about the moment you knew you were going to dedicate your life to conducting/music.
- Was anything holding you back from following your dreams?
- Take us there!
- Tell us a STORY of when things didn’t go as planned – something that, upon looking back, you may consider a failure.
- Bring us to that moment.
- What did you learn? Takeaways?
- Are you doing something differently because this happened to you?
- How can our listeners benefit from this your story?
- What was your proudest musical moment to date?
- Paint us a picture, so we can visualize with you.
- What’s your “forte”?
- Share with the listeners something you do particularly well as a conductor. (This doesn’t have to be technical or musical, but it can be!)
- PREPARE FOR THIS Give the listeners some tips! (Numbered list format works well!)
- What project are you most excited about right now?
- What advice do you have for your younger self?
- In your opinion, what do you believe makes an outstanding conductor/educator?
- Walk us through your morning routine.
- What was your most favorite concert you’ve attended?
- What is favorite personal growth or music book?
- THINK ABOUT THIS ONE: If you had only one concert left in your lifetime, a choir with limitless ability, and access to a sold-out concert venue of your choosing, where would your final concert be and what would be the last piece be on that program?
- Give the listeners some parting words of encouragement!
- What’s the best way to connect with you moving forward? (Twitter, Facebook, Email, Instagram, Blog, etc)
I will call you via Skype at the your appointment time: SkypeID: revokingsound. This is an audio only interview.
Terms of Recording: By participating in the Find Your Forte interview, you agree to allow Ryan Guth, d/b/a “Find Your Forte” to record, distribute, and disseminate the podcast in any manner. You also agree to allow Ryan Guth, d/b/a “Find Your Forte” to retain rights to the produced media for potential future use in speeches, books, and in all other public distribution.