It’s time for a little boost of self-confidence and reassurance from the Choir Ninja! If you’re feeling a little down about how the year has gone for you, here are some things to do to give you the boost you need to finish the year on a high note!
- Reject the notion that you’re not good enough! Success always comes with a little imposter syndrome.
- Recognize that your choir is a reflection of your spirit. If you don’t like what you’ve seen or heard at any point this year, it’s time to look in the mirror and take responsibility. Chances are it was your own insecurity at play.
- Remember that you’ll never make everyone happy, so don’t sweat it!
- Your choir, run by you, isn’t necessarily for everyone, and that’s okay!
- REsistance is natural in the lifecycle of making a difference. Read the War of Art, by Stephen Pressfield.
- Renounce students that don’t want to be there and focus on those who share your values.
- You’ll attract choir members who love your style and over time you’ll end up with a choir of raving fans, not adversaries.
- Recount the times this past year where your student(s) “got it”, and pat yourself on the back!
- What did you do?
- What made it so special?
- Recall your highlights reel, and smile!
- Best rehearsal
- Most successful performance
- Most thoughtful parent email
- Refresh, Refresh: To finish strong, do more of what worked!
- Recycle a song or activity your choir loved.
- Reinvest in yourself and your education by staying tuned to Choir Ninja, going to a conference, buying a book, or taking a class (in anything)!
- You can see me in Iowa at ICDA in July and Chorus America in June!
- Resolve to support those who help you along the way.
- Rewind and listen again and write down the things I’ve asked you to recall. this episode with someone who needs encouragement.
3 Key Takeaways:
- You choose your battles based on your values, so choose what it is you value and focus like a laser.
- Reading is the cheapest way to reinvest in your education. You don’t need a master’s degree to feel successful!
- Do more of what worked!
- The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck, by Mark Manson
- The War of Art, by Stephen Pressfield
- Support the show! My Patreon
Sponsored by: Sight Reading Factory (Use promo code “NINJA” at checkout for 10 free student accounts!)